WE HAVE MOVED!


HI THERE! THIS BLOG NOW LIVES AT A NEW URL:


Saturday 9 January 2010

NEW YEAR AND THE BIG FR-R-R-EEZE...

Hi there! I hope you had brilliant holidays and I want to wish you only the best things for the new year! I was born in a year of a tiger, so I hope 2010 is full of nice surprises for me. Go on the tigers! 
Now, The Big Freeze... I know it brought a lot of trouble and worry to a lot of people. A lot has been said on TV and in the papers. It brings a lot of worry to me when my husband travels to work and I stay at home hoping that he'll get there safe. And then I worry again when he travels back home from work... On the other hand, I love love love snowy and cold winter, probably because I come from a country where winter lasts about 5 months and there is loadza snow, heh! So, for me winter associates with mittens, red cheeks, skating and skiing, pushing each other into fluffy soft snow and all things winter! And in the last couple of weeks it feels a lot like home to me... I'm smilling when I see kids sliding down the hills and screaming from happiness! There is a lot to see around the country, like frozen lakes for example. You won't see that too often in Ireland! It's particulary beautiful in the golden hour, around 15:00 or 15:30 when the sun starts to set, but is still shining behind the hill. The snow sparkles and you can see the most amazing colours at that time! So, don't be afraid! Go out and enjoy a wonderful day! )))

Unfortunately, little ones get hurt the most...

0 comments: