WE HAVE MOVED!


HI THERE! THIS BLOG NOW LIVES AT A NEW URL:


Thursday 29 April 2010

AMAZING LONDON WEDDING VENUE - WILTON'S MUSIC HALL

Last sunday when the whole London was seized with "marathonomania" I went on a tour around Wilton's Music Hall. I've heard about it before but never actually been there, so what a better chance to go then on a day of London marathon when the streets are packed and everyone is somewhat sporty! On my way to Wilton's I crossed the Tower Bridge and got into the whole spirit of running for a good cause, support and cheering and decided to run it myself next year! Yeap, my friends laughed as well... Anyway, back to Wilton's! It is the oldest surviving Grand Music Hall in the world. It belongs to the first generation of public house music halls that appeared in London during the 1850s and which, only fifty years later, had all but disappeared. Nowadays it's more general-purpose performance space and is used for both opera and theatrical productions and can be hired for photoshoots, filming, private events and weddings. You can read more about Wilton's and its unique history HERE and HERE. I must say what an amazing place! It's very quiet inside if there are no performances, but if you take a moment and listen, you can hear the music... then you hear applauds and public shouting bravo, cheers and the sound of champagne. It's an intriguing journey back in time to the Hall's glorious days! Go there and experience it yourself, it's well worth it! 
So, as I've already mentioned Wilton's can be hired as a wedding venue. If I had my wedding still coming, that's where I would want it to take place. Because it's primarily a theater, it has everything your gorgeous wedding needs: a stage, a piano, beatiful settings, amazing accoustic and outstanding lighting! You can use the lights very creatively to highlight the special touches to your wedding and decor. Have a look:
 by Mitzi de Margary



Great pillars for flower decorations:

Apart from reception you can have your ceremony there as well. Because your wedding must not interfere with artistic productions, make sure you book it well in advance!
Talk soon!

0 comments: