WE HAVE MOVED!


HI THERE! THIS BLOG NOW LIVES AT A NEW URL:


Friday 11 March 2011

THIS POST IS ABOUT A CAT

I had been dreaming about having a cat or a dog ever since I was little. We lived in a flat and didn't really have space for neither of them. Instead we had little fishes and a hamster. Which was great, but not quite the same as having a cat. Or a dog. Fishes did not really show any affection, and the hamster was either stuffing his cheeks, sleeping or spinning his wheel. They were not greeting us when we were coming back home from school, not playing with us, not purring, not barking, not wagging tails. So, when my husband told me there was a cat in the house we were renting (when I moved to London at the beginning of last year) - I was so happy. A real cat that does all the cat things! She was too old (15) to move her to another home, so we kind of started to look after her. She was sitting on the stairs every morning when I was going downstairs for breakfast. If I wasn't coming down for too long, she would start winging at our bedroom door and scratch the carpet (as I said - she was doing all the cat things). She was sitting beside me in the kitchen when I was cooking, or just outside if the oven was on - she didn't like the noise it was making. She followed me around the house and myawing until I picked her up and held her like a baby. She was sitting between Michael and me when we were on the sofa watching tv. There was a rule that we had to ask each other to do stuff if Kat was on our laps, because obviously we couldn't disturb her by getting up)). Last week she was sitting beside the table while we had dinner, and patiently waiting for a piece of something delicious to fall her way. Yesterday she was quietly sitting on her cat-chair watching us eating dinner. Today we are having dinner without her... She is asleep... Kat, you will be missed...


0 comments: