WE HAVE MOVED!


HI THERE! THIS BLOG NOW LIVES AT A NEW URL:


Thursday 11 March 2010

VALUE OF A PHOTOGRAPH

Couple of weeks ago I was asked to restore some old photographs. I must say I looove old photographs! I love to just hold them or look at them even though I might not even know people I'm looking at. There is just something about them that attracts me, some mystery maybe. I'm asking myself, who were those people? How did they live? What kinda world did they live in? We all know history, but knowing it is one thing, to live through it is another. I remember my grandmother used to show me old photos every time we were coming over to visit her. They were dating back to 1910 and 1920 (OMG, I've just realized it's like a century ago!). It fascinates me now, even thinking about it! And I'm also thinking about the way photography has transformed and developed since then. But despite that, the core of it is still the same. We are taking pictures of our loved ones because we want to remember them the way they are. We want to freeze a particular moment in time, because looking back at it will bring a smile to our faces. Mum wants to capture smiles of her baby. Grandchildren want to take a photo of their grandfather sittting in a chair and smoking a pipe. Moments of our lives captured on a camera are timeless. And a photograph is priceless, because it's not a paper, it's our life...

0 comments: